Construction law/Claims managementDue to many years of experience in managing complex and large-scale structural, civil engineering and infrastructure projects as well as due to the interdisciplinary training of our team members we acquired a deep understanding of construction law and a profound knowledge of the construction industry. We focus on construction law, in particular construction contracts and claims management, ensuring that the construction industry’s requirements comply with the law.
- Support in managing construction projects, in particular during the tender and implementation phase as well as the warranty period
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating construction contracts (for employers as well as contractors), planning contracts, general contractors and sub-contractors as well as consortium agreements (joint venture agreements)
- Claims management, in particular accompanying legal support for construction and infrastructure projects as well as optimisation of the relevant communication procedures; establishment of a documentation that complies with the law and the relevant Austrian industry standard (ÖNORM) with regard to the assertion of claims for increased costs, both at a national and an international level (FIDIC)
- Advising contractors on the assertion, negotiation and plausibility of claims for increased costs, in particular ensuring that the construction industry requirements comply with the law
- Representation in court, arbitration and expert determination proceedings
- Drafting of innovative contract models (GMP contracts)
- MP Construction Project Support